What is Canopy?
Canopy offers climate benefits that make the biggest impact on carbon emissions while also improving your quality of life. On our platform, you'll see benefits focused on electrifying your homes and cars.
Why focus on electrification?
The truth is, your emissions are dominated by the energy you use.
The biggest impact you can have as an individual is to stop burning fossil fuels like gasoline, natural gas, or fuel oil, and start powering your life with clean, renewable energy and the machines that run on it.
Your individual choice here matters: we've got 1 billion machines owned by individuals that contribute to 35% of emissions in the United States. Canopy helps you make a real impact, and reap additional benefits like saving money, improving our comfort and health, and being more energy independent.
What specific benefits do you offer?
We offer benefits that help you decarbonize your home and transportation. This includes:
- Getting access to renewable energy, either through your utility or with rooftop solar
- Making your home more energy efficient, with high-quality insulation, windows, and doors
- Upgrading to clean, modern appliances, like heat pumps, heat pump water heaters, induction stoves, and more
- Ditching gas cars for electric, with EVs, plug-in hybrid vehicles, and electric bikes
What choices do I have as a renter?
Renters can take advantage of many of the benefits like signing up for renewable energy, and purchasing EVs or e-bikes.
We also have special offerings for renters like portable heat pumps or portable induction cooktops.
What are the upsides, aside from reducing emissions?
Other than being better for the environment, the benefits we offer also:
- Save you money
- Improve the comfort of your home
- Improve your health
- Make you more energy independent
We personalize each benefit so you can see exactly what impact each one has for you.
How does it work?
The process is simple. As an employee, you'll answer a few questions about where you live, the appliances in your home, and what you care about. We use that information to:
- Provide actionable recommendations
- Give you personalized step-by-step guides to take advantage of each benefit
- Find vendors and contractors for you
- Help you take advantage rebates and tax incentives
- Show you the impact of your actions
We also offer a full service concierge to answer any questions you may have.
How are purchases verified?
We’ll ask you to submit a receipt or proof of purchase for each benefit. Our team reviews and verifies submissions on a daily basis.
If your employer gave you funds to spend towards climate benefits, then once a benefit is verified, they’ll reimburse you.
Start reducing your company's emissions todayJoin Canopy