Mark Puhlman lives in Lake Oswego, Oregon with his wife Leah. They’ve lived in their 1965 ranch home since 2012. When they moved in, they remodeled the kitchen and installed a used gas stove.
“Over the last 6-8 years, we kept losing burners,” Mark says. They had a serviceman come out and fix the stove a few times, but it kept going out. “We only had one burner we could cook on,” he recalls.
They were introduced to induction at a local electrification fair in Lake Oswego and decided to make the switch. “I don’t do much cooking,” Mark says, “But Leah absolutely loves it.” In particular, she’s a fan of how quickly it gets hot and how it’s completely cool when you turn it off. When their grandchildren occasionally come to visit, they’re more comfortable with the kids around the stove because of how safe it is.
Mark advises that people interested in induction check their pots and pans to make sure they will work. A simple magnet test will do the trick – if a kitchen magnet sticks to the pot or pan, it’ll work. “If you have a lot of pans you need to replace, make sure that is part of your conversion budget,” Mark says.
Start reducing your company's emissions todayJoin Canopy