Canopy is an early-stage startup that aims to reduce the 35% of US emissions that come from residential cars and homes. The technology to decarbonize the residential sector already exists, but much of it hasn’t yet gone mainstream. We drive homeowner adoption of climate-friendly technology (like EVs, heat pumps, rooftop solar, induction stoves, etc.) through partnerships with companies and – coming soon – through the sale of residential carbon offsets.
We are looking to hire a senior marketing leader to join our team and report to the CEO. This will be the first marketing hire and a key role on our team, defining and building out go-to-market strategies as well as brand and content marketing. You will be excited about growing with a startup, shaping this role, doing a lot of the work initially and building a team as we scale. You will be motivated to reach multiple B2B stakeholders, including sustainability leaders and offset buyers, as well as drive consumer engagement.
- Guide and develop our marketing strategy including go-to-market, brand, content and community
- Shape our brand identity, narrative, and messaging to drive awareness of our company and category
- Build and oversee content marketing that reaches our core B2B and B2C customer segments and builds our credibility as a thought leader
- Develop our channel strategy to reach our target segments and drive leads on the B2B and B2C side
- Define and measure success
- Managing marketing budget
- Drive our public relations to ensure our message resonates widely
- Work with agency and freelance partners to build our marketing capacity
- You have successfully defined and executed both B2B and B2C marketing strategies
- Your know-how or learning instinct stretches from digital marketing, to content, to brand, and community
- You are able to both develop high level strategy and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and working on the details of execution
- You are analytical and have a track record of defining and executing marketing strategies that deliver against funnel metrics and KPIs
- You can effectively work on multiple projects and couple high-quality standards with healthy pragmatism
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and embrace iterative processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- $150,000 annually
- Health benefits
- Decarbonization benefit!
- Anywhere, we are a distributed team
How to apply
Send a note with your resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include the answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in Canopy and what makes you a good fit for the role?
- Marketing is a multifaceted discipline with many sub-specialities (brand, content, go-to-market, product marketing, demand generation, etc). Which sub-specialities are your strengths and get you excited? Which sub-specialities do you have less experience in or aren’t as interesting to you?
- For the top 1-2 areas you identified as a strength, share an example that illustrates your capabilities.